Your privacy is important
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information. Personal information means any information or opinion about you as an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. For example identity and contact details, marital status and financial information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We will always aim to collect your personal information directly from you. If for some good reason, we are unable to do so, we may involve another organisation. For example, we may need to request a credit report from a credit reporting body when you apply for a credit facility. Before doing so or prior to collecting the information we need, we will inform you of the type of organisations we intend to disclose your personal information to. We may also collect your personal information through third parties who undertake the collection on our behalf.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect, use, hold and exchange your personal information so that we can:
- Submit your application for credit and provide you with information about related insurance products;
- Identify and tell you via direct marketing communications about other products or services offered by us or a third party that may interest you (unless you tell us not to);
- Administer our customer relationships;
- For internal purposes, including for reporting and analytical purposes;
- Meet our legal and regulatory reporting obligations;
- Establish a customer marketing program;
- System development testing purposes;
- Ensure your security when visiting our website and to learn which areas of the site are of most interest to you (see the section 'cookies' below); and
- Any other purpose related to the above.
As stated above, we may use the information we gather to provide you with targeted communications about products and services we think will be of interest to you. We may also send you details of offers or services provided by our business partners and related entities.
You may at any time choose not to receive these communications. Doing so will not cost you anything, and we commit to ensure you stop receiving any unwanted communications as soon as possible.
Why do we exchange your information with another organisation?
We want to provide our customers with the right products and services. We may send your contact details to another organisation who offer the loans displayed on this website.
As you will appreciate, in certain circumstances we may be compelled by law to disclose your personal information to various authorities. For instance, we may be required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act to disclose details of financial transactions and we may also be compelled under tax laws to provide such information to regulators.
Other organisations which we may exchange your personal information with may include:
- Credit providers;
- Credit reporting bodies;
- Government and law enforcement agencies;
- Mortgage insurers, brokers, originators and/or managers, financial consultants, accountants, lawyers or real estate agents;
- Those in connection with funding financial accommodation by means of an arrangement involving securitisation;
- Third parties to enable them to contact you to offer their products and services or to determine if you would be interested in the products and services; and
- Any person considering acquiring or taking an interest in our business.
This is to your benefit, and helps us to provide the products and services you would expect.. Before we disclose any of your personal information to any other organisation, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that:
- The organisation has the same commitment as us to the protection of your personal information; AND
- You have consented to us doing so.
By consent, we mean approval in writing, orally, or implied from your dealings with us.
Access to and correction of your personal information
It is important for us, and for you, that the information we hold is accurate and up to date. In this, we rely on you to help us. We ask that you contact us whenever there are any changes to your personal information, so that we can update our records.
The personal information we hold about you is yours to access and correct, and as such we can provide you with general information, such as your name, address and contact details quite easily. There is no fee for making the request.
The process of providing you with access to or correcting your personal information may take up to 30 calendar days from the date of your request. If we refuse to give you access to or correct your information, we must give you written notice setting out the reasons for the refusal and the mechanisms available for you to complain about the refusal.